Pages

Friday 27 July 2012

Garage Sale Day

Today was the first of two garage sale days.  Starting very early we moved all the bits and pieces of lumber and construction material that were to be "sold."  Then we moved to other yard "stuff" and then the furniture coming out of the house.  Finally I started hauling out the boxes of other "stuff" including an embarrassing amount of clothing...why do I have so much clothing to give away?  Did I have all of that in my drawers/closet?  Sadly, I believe the answer is yes.  A neighbour kindly suggested that it was because we have room that we have so many clothes.  Perhaps she's right.


I remember that I don't really enjoy having a garage sale.  I tried the "Pay what you think is fair" idea which a friend suggested...and then had a guy offer my 25 cents for a bike...someone else didn't want to say what he thought was fair, since it might make him look cheap...clearly he was thinking lower than was "fair."  I think I will put up a few prices tomorrow.   I'm convinced I get more satisfaction giving stuff to the second hand store than I do with actually selling it.  I guess I'll have to re-assess tomorrow when I have $$ in my hand.


The house is nearly empty.  I suspect Bob will be packing china cabinet and kitchen while I sell tomorrow.  Then the waterbed needs emptying....then the final stages, like finally putting my computer away :)


Wish me a sunny, not too hot, and not at all rainy day of good selling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment